Cauliflower Pizza with Chick’n’Chives Sausage and Kale Pesto
- 4 x Unrealco plant-based chicken and chive sausage, cut into 4-6 slices
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g packet Bio Cheese Pizza Shred
- ½ bunch (approx. 100g) kale, leaves removed from stems and stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or water
- 100ml Cockatoo Grove Organic olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 50g dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 125g packet Bio Cheese Parmesano
- ½ teaspoon Murray river salt
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- For the cauliflower base, pre-heat oven to 200°C. Combine flax meal and water in a small bowl and leave for 5 minutes.
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until it resembles ‘rice’. Transfer to a bowl. Add the flax meal (flax egg) and remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Divide mixture in half, shape into a ball and press onto 2 baking paper lined oven trays to 1cm thick and 16-18cm in diameter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the pesto, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Remove bases from the oven and spread with 2-3 tablespoons of kale pesto. Top with sliced sausages and cherry tomato halves and sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Alternatively turn on the grill and when hot place under the hot grill, to grill for 3-5 minutes.
- To serve, place a spoonful of pesto in a bowl, add a good glug of olive oil and mix to combine. Drizzle a few spoonful’s over each pizza and cut into wedges. Finish with a side salad if desired.