CYBER MONDAY SALES HAPPENING NOW! HURRY 24 HOURS ONLY! NO CODE REQUIRED.
Online orders made after Thursday the 21st of Dec will not be sent out until Monday 8th Jan 2024
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $80
– 240g plain flour
– 60g dutch cocoa powder
– 16g baking powder
– 1 teaspoon Murray River Salt
– 235ml oil
– 400g white sugar
– 2 eggs
– 240g sour cream, room temp
– 235ml hot coffee
80g dutch cocoa powder
400g powdered sugar
150g unsalted butter, room temp
150g heavy cream
100g Murray River Salt salted chocolate bar
1/2 teaspoon Murray River Salt
1. Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. Mix the oil, sugar, eggs and sour cream and until smooth. Fold in the dry ingredients and lastly mix in the hot coffee.
3. Pour into 2x 8inch lined tins and bake for 37 minutes at 175C. Allow to cool at room temp before placing in the fridge for an hour.
4. For the frosting, beat the butter, cocoa powder, sugar and salt together until smooth. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and mix into the frosting mixture. Lastly add the heavy cream and mix until smooth. If the frosting is runny add a little extra sugar.
5. Stack each cake layer with the frosting & sprinkle Murray River Salt for extra flavour. Enjoy!