Chocolate Pudding with Pink Salt Flakes
- 300g dark chocolate in pieces
- 3 eggs
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 250g full cream milk
- 350g cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pinch pink salt flakes plus some more
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Chocolate shavings to garnish
- Place dark chocolate, eggs, sugar, milk, cream, vanilla and pinch of salt into the Thermomix bowl and cook 4 min/50°C/speed 4.
- Cook 6 min/80°C/speed 4.
- Cook 4 min/90°C/speed 4.
- Divide between dessert glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate curls and salt flakes to taste.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla and pinch of salt into a large saucepan and bring to a medium high heat without boiling, stirring continually.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the sugar separately.
- Introduce some of the hot cream into the eggs and whisk to temper the eggs before adding all of the eggs back into the saucepan. Over a low to medium heat continue to cook until you have an egg custard. Be very cautious not to over cook this.
- Add the chocolate into the custard and stir until it is all combined. It should be smooth and silky.
- Divide between serving glasses and cool.
- Serve as suggested above