CYBER MONDAY SALES HAPPENING NOW! HURRY 24 HOURS ONLY! NO CODE REQUIRED.
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $80
60g cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
¾ cup white sugar
2 cups spelt flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
1/2 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon Murray River Salt Naturally Pink Salt Flakes
2 blocks Murray River Salted Chocolate (total 100g)
Extra Murray River Salt Naturally Pink Salt Flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees bake and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the eggs and beat until combined.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
5. Add the flour mixture to the eggs and butter and beat on low to combine.
6. Pour in the chopped cranberries and pistachios and fold to combine.
7. Roughly divide the dough into half and shape each half into a ball. Add a little extra flour if the dough is too wet to handle.
8. Now use your hands to shape each ball into a log that is approximately 20cm in length.
9. Place the two logs on the baking tray and use your hands to gently flatten the tops of the longs until they are approximately 7cm thick.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
11. Remove the logs from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking tray for an hour. They will be soft when you remove them from the oven so this step is imperative. The logs will slightly firm up as they cool.
12. Use a large sharp knife to cut directly down into the logs to cut them into a biscotti shape, on the diagonal.
13. Place the biscotti, cut side up, on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes.
14. When you remove them from the oven the centre of the biscotti should still be slightly soft but the outer edges crisp and golden. Allow the biscotti to cool to room temperature before dipping into melted Murray River Salted Chocolate and sprinkling with extra Naturally Pink Salt Flakes.
Store in an airtight container or glass jar and consume within 1 week.
Subscribe to our Salty Society and claim your discount.