- Grate lemon & lime zest and add on to a paper towel to dry overnight.
- Dry all the fresh herbs on a paper towel over two nights.
- Grate garlic and smooth onto baking paper. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes on 140c/284f. Turn off oven and leave the garlic for a further 7 minutes before taking it out. Allow garlic to completely cool down.
Lemon Lime Salt
- Mix ½ cup of Murray River Salt Flakes together with the lemon & lime dried zest. Gently rub in the zest with the salt and then add into a jar.
- Crush up the baked garlic into small pieces and mix into ½ cup of Murray River Salt Flakes. Gently rub the garlic and salt together and then add into a jar.
- Crush all the dried herbs with your hands or you can use a mortar and pestle. Once the herbs are the consistency you like add ½ cup of Murray River Salt Flakes. Gently rub the herbs and salt together then add into a jar.
- Allow the salt to sit in the jar for a few days for the flavours to infuse into the salt.
- Drying herbs overnight on a paper towel keeps the flavour more robust.
- You can also dry herbs in the oven for 7 minutes on 140c/284f. Baking the herbs in the oven does change the flavour of the herbs.
- Infuse the flavour of meats and seafood by mixing us the salts.
- You can also add the herb or lemon lime salts into salads.