Mexican super bowl with skewered prawns
- 2 cobs of sweet corn, corn kernels removed
- 1 large red capsicum, washed, halved, seeds removed and flesh diced 1cm cubes
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, halved, seed removed and flesh roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, washed, dried and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced with salt
- 1 red birdseye chilli, (optional) deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 limes, one juiced and zested and the other cut in half
- 20 Tropic Co Prawns, peeled and deveined with heads intact if possible
- Cockatoo Grove Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Murray River Salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Place corn, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes, avocado and coriander into a large mixing bowl.
- Pop the garlic, chopped red chilli and the juice and zest of one lime in a glass jar or jug and add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, fit with a lid and shake to combine. Set the salad and dressing to one side.
- Thread 4-5 prawns onto a bamboo skewer and repeat with remaining prawns. Place on a large plate and season with sea salt and pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the prawns change colour and are golden on one side. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. While the prawns are cooking, place the lime, cut side down in the pan and cook until caramelised.
- While the prawns are cooking, pour the dressing over the salad and with clean hands, gently toss to combine.
- Arrange the salad on a large serving platter with the prawns and charred limes nestled next to it and finished with a drizzle of olive oil.