Penang Spicy Chicken
8 chicken thighs, skin on, bone-in
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp Penang curry paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp chilli powder (or more if you like it hot)
- 3 long red chillies, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large knob ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Murray River Salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- Score the chicken thighs and add them to a large bowl. Add in the curry leaves, ginger, garlic and spices and toss to combine.
- Place flour in a large bowl and dust each piece of chicken with flour before frying.
- Heat a large pot or wok with vegetable oil, when hot, to approximately 160°C.
- Fry the chicken for 10 minutes in batches, and keep the cooked chicken on a wire rack in the oven at 100°C until all the chicken is cooked.
- To check the chicken is cooked, use a meat thermometer when cooked the internal temperature of the chicken should be 72°C.