Reverse Seared Tomahawk
Tomahawk (allow to temper on the bench for 1 hour prior to grilling.
- 2 TBSP of Murray River Salt Flakes
- 1 TBSP of Cracked Pepper
- 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Onion Powder
- Apply a thin layer of mustard as a binder then apply the homemade rub to fully coat the Tomahawk.
- Cook indirect away from the lit charcoal until the meat hits an internal temperature of 55C.
- Once you have reached the desired temperature remove from the heat and rest for 10 minutes while leaving the lid open to get the lit charcoal red hot.
- Place back on the BBQ but directly over the charcoal this time and sear for 1 minutes each side to create that signature BBQ Crust.
- Remove and slice thin before seasoning again with MRS.