Roasted Pumpkin and Zucchini Tart
- 300g cubed butternut or jap pumpkin
- 1-2 medium zucchini, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon Cockatoo Grove Extra Virgin olive oil
- Murray River Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 60g (3 tablespoons) coconut oil
- 150g Mayvers almond butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 x 150g tub Bio Cheese Cream Cheese
- 200g Bio Cheese Feta, reserving 50g for garnish
- 50ml VitaSoy Soy Milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 large handful of assorted herbs, I used chives, parsley and thyme, reserve some for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pumpkin and zucchini in a bowl, drizzle with oil and toss to combine. Spread over a baking paper lined oven tray, sprinkle with salt and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Remove and set to one side.
- For the pastry, place the flours, coconut oil, almond butter and an egg in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add a little water if required to bring the pastry into a soft ball. Tip into a 36cmx17cm rectangular fluted tart tin OR similar sized brownie tin, pressing into the base and up the sides to 3-4mm thick. If you have time, leave to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Lay over a sheet of baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove baking beans and paper and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- For the filling, place the cheeses, milk and eggs in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the herbs and pulse once or twice to combine. Pour into the baked pastry case. Turn the oven down to 160°C and place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the oven, arrange pumpkin and zucchini over the tart, sprinkle over the reserved feta and herbs for garnish.