Salted Chocolate Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar of your choice
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup soy or oat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Murray River Salt ‘Salted Chocolate Bar’ 55g, roughly chopped
- Murray River Salt ‘Pink Salt Flakes’
- Maple syrup
- Strawberries or fresh fruit of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl combine the spelt flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquids – milk, water and coconut oil. Mix well with a whisk to combine.
- Drop in the chopped Murray River Salt ‘Salted Chocolate’ pieces/chunks and gently fold through.
- Heat a medium to large frying pan over a high heat on the stovetop and add a tablespoon of butter or oil of your choice.
- When bubbles start to appear in the butter or oil, reduce the temperature to a medium temperature.
- Using a 3/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter out of the mixing bowl and drop into the centre of the frying pan.
- Allow the pancake to cook for a couple of minutes, waiting for multiple bubbles to form on the surface of the batter and the outer edge to start firming up before flipping over. Repeat this process until all of the batter is used. You should get approximately 7-9 medium sized pancakes by following these measuring instructions.
- Allow the pancakes to cool on a wire cooling rack whilst you cook the rest of the batch.
- Stack high and serve with a generous sprinkling of Murray River Salt ‘Pink Salt Flakes’, drizzle with maple syrup and top with fresh strawberries or fruit of your choice.