CYBER MONDAY SALES HAPPENING NOW! HURRY 24 HOURS ONLY! NO CODE REQUIRED.
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $80
1 sheet of Butter Puff Pastry or Puff Pastry
50g ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons Murray River Salt Truffle Salt
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
Handful fresh thyme
1 egg, lightly whisked
Beetroot Puree Ingredients
4 large beetroot, peeled and boiled lightly until soft, alternatively you can use beetroot from a can
or sealed pack (often sold in supermarket fruit and vegetable sections)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat an oven to 200 degrees fan bake. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place all beetroot puree ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until
only slightly chunky.
3. Cut the sheet of pastry into 4 equal sized portions.
4. Using one pastry square at a time, add a couple of tablespoons of the beetroot puree to the
centre of the pastry, leaving a 1 inch gap around the edges.
5. Top with 3 teaspoon sized dollops of ricotta cheese.
Sprinkle generously with Murray River Truffle Salt and cracked black pepper.
6. Top with a few sprigs of thyme, removing the leaves from the stems.
7. Use your fingers to carefully fold the edges over slightly covering a little of the filling – to keep the
filling in a nice tight parcel.
8. Lightly brush all of the pastry edges with the egg wash.
9. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Subscribe to our Salty Society and claim your discount.