Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Italian fresh peperoncino chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 100g pitted kalamata and green olives
- 400g san marzano tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Murray River Salt
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- In a salted pot of water cook spaghetti to packet instructions.
- In a large frying pan sauté garlic and peperoncino chilli and extra virgin olive oil for 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add capers, olives and parsley.
- Add tomatoes and simmer.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce.
- Add a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and increase the heat to bring the pasta and sauce to a vigorous simmer.
- Cook, stirring and shaking the pan and adding more pasta water as necessary to keep sauce a little liquidy until pasta is perfectly al dente.
- Serve with fresh parsley.