Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Cockatoo Grove Australian Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio risotto rice
- 4 cups Fodmapped for you Chicken Stock
- ½ cup blanched spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup green beans, sliced into 1-2cm lengths
- ½ cup broccolini florettes, sliced into 1-2cm lengths
- ½ cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup roughly chopped mint
- Zest of half a lemon
- Murray river salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Handful freshly grated parmesan, plus extra for serving
- 50g salted butter
- Place a saucepan over a low heat, pour in 2 tablespoons of Cockatoo Olive oil and when hot add the rice. Toast for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Pour the chicken stock into a second saucepan placed over a medium high heat and bring to a strong simmer. Add a cup of the hot stock into the pot and start stirring. Once the stock is absorbed add another cup and so on until the rice is al dente (to the tooth).
- Add the blanched spinach, green beans, broccolini, lemon zest, parmesan, butter and one final ladle of stock, a good pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pop a lid on the pot and allow it to sit for five minutes.
- Remove the lid and taste for seasoning. Stir in the herbs and enjoy right away with extra parmesan cheese as desired.