CYBER MONDAY SALES HAPPENING NOW! HURRY 24 HOURS ONLY! NO CODE REQUIRED.
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $80
1 piece sirloin or New York steak, seasoned well with olive oil, Murray River Salt Pink Salt Flakes and cracked black pepper
1 corn in husk
4 pineapple rings (tinned is fine)
1 bunch of fresh coriander, rinsed well and torn into leaves
1 lime, sliced into wedges
4 small corn tortillas (gluten free option available)
Pickled Red Onion
½ red onion, outer skin removed and sliced into thin rings
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons white sugar or caster sugar
Lime Crema Ingredients
150g sour cream
1 lime, zested and then juiced
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
Pinch of Murray River Salt Pink Salt Flakes
1. Ensure that the steak has been brought to room temperature (approximately 1 hour prior to cooking).
2. Preheat the BBQ on a high heat. If you don’t have a BBQ, then a stove is fine.
3. Whilst the bbq is heating, combine the apple cider vinegar, water and sugar in a small bowl with a fork. Add the onion rings and allow to pickle whilst you prepare all other ingredients.
4. In a small jug, combine the lime crema ingredients and set aside.
5. Ensure that you have seasoned both sides of the steak well with olive oil, Murray River Salt and cracked black pepper.
6. Transfer the steak to the bbq and close the lid. Set a timer for 3 ½ minutes for a medium rare style steak.
7. At 3 ½ minutes, open the lid of the bbq and turn the steak over quickly. Cook the second side for another 3 ½ minutes.
8. Transfer the steak to a plate and allow it to rest at room temperature before slicing.
9. Place the corn on the bbq and close the lid. Cook the corn for approximately a total of 10 minutes or until charred and the kernels are soft. Remove and allow it to cool.
10. Quickly bbq the corn tortillas and pineapple rings for a few minutes on the bbq before transferring to a plate.
11. Slice the steak into thin style strips.
12. Carefully cut the kernels off the ear of corn using a sharp knife and standing it up in a large bowl.
13. Drain the pickled red onions and assemble your taco with all ingredients, finishing with the coriander leaves, drizzle of fresh lime and dollops of lime crema
**Please note: you can cook this on your stove if you don’t have a bbq.
Subscribe to our Salty Society and claim your discount.