Turkish Delight Cheesecake
- 200g Ginger nut biscuits(crushed)
- 80g unsalted butter(melted)
- 1/4 tspn cardamom (ground)
- 1/4tsp mixed spice
- Good pinch of Murray River Salt
- 2 tblspns boiling water
- 2 tspns gelatine powder
- 375g cream cheese (room temp/soft)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tspn grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 150g White Chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2cup pistachios (toasted)
- 1 packet creaming soda jelly
- 2 tspns rosewater or rose essence
- Pinch of Murray River Salt
- Grease a 6cm deep,19/20cm square or round tin, line base & sides extending paper 5cm above each side.
- Combine base ingredients and press into tin. Chill until needed.
- Place boiling water in a small dish and sprinkle over gelatine, stir till dissolved. Cool 5mins.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar & Orange rind till light & fluffy. With beaters running gradually add cream, gelatine mixture and chocolate, beating until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in pistachios.
- Pour into pan and refrigerate 2hrs or till just set.
- Make jelly as per packet instructions, stir in rosewater/essence.
- Refrigerate 1hr until cold but not set, then pour over cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate 4hrs or over night, then sprinkle with extra Pink Salt.
- Lift out of tin slice & enjoy