Vegan Gingerbread with Murray River Salted Chocolate
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Pinch of Murray River Salt Pink Salt Flakes
- 3/4 cup non dairy butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20g Murray River Salt Salted Chocolate
- In a medium sized mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer or beater.
- Add the golden syrup and vanilla extract and beat again until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat again until well blended. You may want to get your hands in there and hand mix towards the end as a thick dough will form.
- If your dough is too sticky, add slightly more flour and if it is too dry and tough, add small increments of water to loosen.
- Roll the dough into one ball, slice down the middle with a knife to separate into two and wrap each ball of dough with cling wrap. Place in the fridge for 2 hours so that the butter hardens again.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees bake.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dust a large hard surface lightly with flour and begin to roll out one of your balls of dough. Roll to a half inch thickness. Use mini or large cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes.
- Re-roll any leftover dough and repeat this process until all of the dough has been used.
- Use a grater to finely grate the Murray River Salted Chocolate over the cookie cut outs. Transfer to the baking tray and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to harden.
- Store gingerbread in an airtight container or glass jar for up to 5 days.